Proprietary-design slurry pump
The millMAX difference
The KREBS millMAX Pump’s unique design was developed exclusively for pumping abrasive slurries.
Prior to the millMAX, slurry pumps experienced two major problems: mechanical grinding of solids between the suction liner and impeller, and flow recirculating back to the impeller eye on the suction side. Both of these problems decrease pump life and increase power consumption. Conventional slurry pumps can only solve one of these issues through impeller and liner adjustment – but not both.
The image above shows a closeup of wear ring assembly; wear ring, wear ring carrier and wear ring adjustment bolt. The millMAX product family features a proprietary suction-side sealing system, called the wear ring, that eliminates both major problems faced by conventional pumps. The wear ring closes the suction side gap while the pump is running restoring performance without speeding up the pump. This feature makes KREBS pumps the only pump line that can effectively eliminate both the inefficient recirculation and the grinding of slurry.
millMAX high-pressure pump
Our millMAX High-Pressure (millMAX HP) product line includes a tie-bolt design for high-pressure, multi-stage applications. millMAX tie-bolt-design pumps have the same superior internal hydraulic design as our standard-pressure millMAX Pumps, yet can handle operating pressures of greater than 500 psi (35 bar).
The tie-bolt design of the millMAX HP also allows for ultrasonic casing thickness measurements. By measuring casing thicknesses all around the pump, operators can predict and schedule maintenance shutdowns before any failures occur – an action that is not possible with split-casing pumps.
High-pressure applications produce extreme forces on the pump suction liners, making full-face adjustment of traditional designs nearly impossible, as well as unsafe. The millMAX wear ring has a small cross-sectional area, and has proven to be easily adjustable in the highest-pressure applications.
The result? Our millMAX HP will easily maintain suction-side sealing throughout the life of the pump, leading to higher pumping efficiency and constant operating speeds for a given discharge head. These factors increase the wear life of the wet-end components over our competition.
millMAX High-Head Pump
Our millMAX High-Head (millMAX HH) Pump was designed for applications that have high total dynamic head requirements. Standard volute slurry pumps experience radial thrust on their impellers due to differential pressure zones within the pump casing when they operate far away from their best efficiency point (BEP). This radial thrust causes shaft deflection and premature bearing and gland-sealing failures.
The millMAX HH concentric casing design creates an even velocity and pressure around the casing. millMAX HH pump casings have higher pressure ratings to account for high-speed and multi-stage applications.
Lower your operating costs with our millMAX Slurry Pump
- Increased wear life
To stop recirculation, pumps without a wear ring feature close the suction-side impeller clearance by adjusting the impeller to the suction side. This can be effective when pumping fluids with no solids; with slurries, however, as the pump wears the solids become caught between the rotating impeller and static suction liner, and are crushed.
Grinding these solids consumes power and wears out the impeller and liner. The millMAX wear ring stops stop recirculation, and allows for a large gap between the impeller and suction liner – eliminating solids grinding.
- Lower power consumption
- Because millMAX Pumps maintain a constant operating speed and do not grind particles, they naturally last longer and consume less power (up to 30% less).
- Increased mill throughput
- Grind in your mill – not in your pump. The millMAX protects against particle degradation, lost production and allows greater throughput.
- More consistent hydrocyclone separations
- By eliminating particle grinding in the pump, and its resulting particle degradation, the millMAX provides the desired feed to your hydrocyclones for better separations.
- Reduced cost-per-ton pumped
- The millMAX has been proven worldwide to reduce power costs, reduce maintenance costs, reduce downtime, and eliminate particle degradation when compared to conventional pumps – in all, reducing your cost-per-ton pumped.
Treat the cause of pump wear, not the symptoms
The millMAX™ pump design includes the following
- Casing: Designed for minimum slurry turbulence and even wear. Includes integral wear ring, wear ring carrier and adjustment screws for online adjustment and elimination of suction-side recirculation.
- Wear ring: Adjustable wear ring assembly that closes the suction-side impeller clearance during operation. This reduces suction-side recirculation, helping to maintain hydraulic performance.
- Impeller: Designed for high slurry efficiency and hydraulic performance. Machined surface at the eye for wear ring adjustment and high expelling vanes.
- Suction liner: With integral wear ring, matching full impeller diameter and profile for close operating clearance.
- Wear parts: Hydraulically designed to wear evenly. Constructed of high-chrome iron.
- Power frame: Heavy-duty cast iron pedestal with external bearing assembly adjustment mechanism.
- Flanges: Multiple flange options drilled to suit various pipe requirements.
- Reverse-taper roller bearings: Designed to increase the effective load span to improve life. The pumping action of the taper rollers discharges grease to the outside, preventing ingress of slurry and eliminating possibility of failure due to over-greasing. Indirect fitted taper roller bearings rated at minimum of 100,000 hours B-10 life.
- Narrow clearance between impeller and backliner: Reduces pressure at gland to assist centrifugal dry-gland seal or reduce gland water pressure.
- Optimised expelling vane design: Clears large solids, prevents crushing of solids, and reduces casing slurry pressure at impeller eye.
- External wear adjustment bolts: Allow simple and safe wear-ring adjustment while pump is operating.
- Wide clearance between impeller and suction liner: Dramatically reduces crushing of solids, increasing wear life and reducing power consumption.
|The millMAX is available in the following sizes||The millMAX High Head is available in the following sizes||The millMAX High Pressure is available in the following sizes|
|3x2||80 mm x 50 mm||3x2||80 mm x 50 mm||14x12||350 mm x 300 mm|
|4x3||100 mm x 80 mm||4x3||100 mm x 80 mm||20x18||500 mm x 450 mm|
|6x4||150 mm x 100 mm||6x4||150 mm x 100 mm||24x20||600 mm x 500 mm|
|8x6||200 mm x 150 mm||8x6||200 mm x 100 mm|
|10x8||250 mm x 200 mm||10x8||250 mm x 200 mm|
|12x10||300 mm x 250 mm||12x10||300 mm x 250 mm|
|14x12||350 mm x 300 mm|
|16x14||400 mm x 350 mm|
|18x16||450 mm x 400 mm|
|20x18||500 mm x 450 mm|
|24x20||600 mm x 500 mm|
|28x26||700 mm x 650 mm