Get cost efficiency and robust design with an FT Series Mill
An FT Series Mill suitable for your specific grinding application
You need a milling solution that is as rugged and dependable as it is versatile.
In today’s world of quick turn-around times and fast track delivery schedules, you need a multipurpose machine that can tackle a wide range of applications to suit your grinding needs. That’s exactly what you get with our FT Series Grinding Mills. FT Series Mills can be used as ball mills, rod mills or pebble mills, in trunnion overflow, grate, peripheral or airswept discharge for wet and dry applications. FT Series Mills are also well suited for most flue gas desulfurisation (FGD) projects.
FT Mills - cost effective versatility for your fast paced operation
- Durable construction for long-lasting productivity
- Durability and robust design come standard with FLSmidth. Time is money, particularly in mining. We support you with a productive solution that will keep your operation running at rated capacity.
- Versatility for many use cases
- One FT Mill can handle a number of different use cases. Whether you need a ball mill, rod mill, or pebble mill the FT Series Mill is standardised and suitable for whichever job you need it to tackle.
- Varying sizes available for enhanced customisability
The FT Series Mills have been designed in standard sizes between 1.6 and 4.3 meters in diameter. These standardised designs provide quick turn-around for approval documents and improved equipment deliveries as well as increased parts availability.
Durable and versatile heads, shells, bearings and drive components
Heads & Shells
- Conical cast heads with integral trunnions for greater strength and increased mill volume
- Mill heads fully machined on inside for better liner fit-up
- Fully machined flanges with male-female fit for ease of assembly
- Fabricated shells drilled for metal or rubber liners for operational flexibility
- All welds are ultrasonically checked and shell is thermally stress relieved
Main Bearings & Lubrication
- Main bearings with removable bronze inserts for simplified maintenance
- Large bearing access doors located on the bearing base instead of the cap
- Bearings fitted with temperature monitors for remote observation
- Hydrodynamic bearing lubrication for simplified, cost efficient lubrication
- High-pressure lift for start-up and shutdown
- External oil circulating system with heater, cooler and filters for constant conditioning of the oil
- Gear and pinion designed to AGMA 6004-F88
- Gear and pinion are reversible so that both flanks of the teeth can be utilised for longer life
- Forged pinion with integral shaft for increased reliability
- Automatic gear and pinion spray lubrication system
- Fully enclosed gear guard for maximum protection
- Grease lubricated spherical roller pinion bearings for maximum life
- Pinion bearing pillow blocks with temperature monitors