Heavy-duty modular solutions
FLSmidth Buffalo reclaim feeder
Stock yards and ROM applications
Designed to meet your unique requirements
The Buffalo reclaim feeder is a heavy-duty design, featuring replaceable supports and modular sections. Our reclaim feeders have replaceable individual parts throughout the full length of the feeder.
- The Buffalo reclaim feeder is a heavy-duty design, featuring replaceable supports and modular sections. Our reclaim feeders have replaceable individual parts throughout the full length of the feeder.
- Increased mobility and improved reliability
Electromechanical and hydraulic drives power our reclaim feeders. Flow control is achieved through adjustable hydraulics, variable speed drives, and gearbox ratios. A hydraulic take-up system ensures ideal and consistent chain tensioning on the shaft take-up assembly.
All Buffalo reclaim feeders are semi-mobile, meaning the customer can relocate the feeder if required. The transformer and motor control center (MCC) are located onboard the reclaim feeder; only the power supply needs to be isolated before relocating the unit.
Our reclaim feeders and feeder breakers may be installed as either a free-standing unit with or without civils, or as a multiunit construction with hoppers or sizers. Our reclaim feeders may also also be pre-assembled in the workshop or containerized and transported to the construction site.
- Auxiliary components
- Auxiliary components, such as wheel assemblies, lights, lubrications systems, and safety features, offer a true fit-for-purpose solution. Pitch chains are available in 4-in, 5.5-in, and 6-in options.
- Safety focused
Our reclaim feeder’s heavy-duty frame is built in modular sections, which include platforms with handrails for inspection and maintenance access.
Additional safety features
- Hand railing with kick plates
- Dust suppression
- Safety guards and inspection covers
- Curated non-slip grating and tread plates
- Access ways barricading chains
- Area illumination, operational indicator light for when machine is running, safety signs, emergency stop safety bar
- Easy maintenance
- Maintenance Access hatches allow for maintenance of the flight bars, decks, and chains. Bearings are lubricated from an accessible auto lube system.
Customer service & spare parts
We approach your project not as suppliers, but as partners invested in your success, ready to provide total lifecycle support to help your plant achieve its full potential.
At FLSmidth, we offer full support for all of the machines we supply. Installation, commissioning, and maintenance contracts and supervision are all available to all customers.
- Erection and commissioning
- Operations and maintenance
- Expert services
- Technical assistance
Products & parts
- Original OEM spares
- Product review and improvement
- Lifecycle analysis
- Repairs and refurbishments
- Equipment audits
- Process audits
- Erection supervision
Products & parts
- Project and construction management
- Plant maintenance
- Asset management
- Plant operations