A vertical leap in fine grinding
The FLSmidth Tower Mill (FTM) reduces energy and media consumption while minimising water usage in secondary and tertiary wet grinding of minerals.
What we offer
Introducing our newest agitated steel media mill for fine grinding
Reduce energy consumption in fine grinding minerals by 25% to 50%.
The tower mill is a robust, proven technology invented in the 1950s and supported by hundreds of installations in mineral concentrators worldwide.
The major design feature of the tower mill is a central agitator screw, the only moving machine component in contact with the slurry and steel media, which allows size reduction by attrition. This arrangement significantly reduces energy consumption in fine grinding of minerals when compared to traditional horizontal ball mills for the same feed and product size.
Maximum efficiency and maximum circuit performance
- Bottom feed arrangement provides maximum grinding efficiency
- Intelligent operations management software maximises circuit performance
- Direct-on-Line, Variable Speed Drive, or Resister Starter can be coupled with premium efficiency motors to provide optimal operation and reliability
- Material breakage is done by attrition, not by impact
- Simple, modular component structure allows rapid installation
- The double helix screw provides efficient energy transfer to the spherical steel media; this causes immediate size reduction to the material particles suspended in the slurry before exiting the mill at the top