Avoid downtime by being smart about spare parts
Even a day or two without a part that your plant needs is too long. Lost production time while you wait can mean a significant financial loss. We can specify, manufacture and supply quality parts to help you avoid downtime and manage your spare parts – even when it comes to parts for older legacy systems.
Design a back-up plan that keeps your plant working
One of the key elements of a reliable plant is spare-parts management. You must decide which parts you need, and manage the movement and storage of an effective inventory. We can advise which spare parts are critical, and what to prioritise in the inventory. Because we know your equipment and your processes, we can specify the correct and best form, fit and function of your spare parts.
When you purchase original spare parts and related services from FLSmidth, you receive multiple benefits:
- High-quality spare parts – replacement parts are engineered and manufactured to our exacting standards
- Proper fit resulting in minimum installation time
- Improved equipment availability, through optimal inventory levels and access to our network of spare parts
- Optimised replacement periods for consumable and wear parts
- Optimised Net Working Capital (NWC) due to stocking programmes and inventory planning
- Reduced safety-related risks through planned maintenance and parts replacement
- Extended warranties, available with select service agreements
Be prepared: taking control of spare parts
Keep availability to an absolute maximum within a realistic budget. We offer you expert assistance to plan your spare parts and to meet cost and performance targets.
You can rely on us to help you review your specific equipment needs. Our strong supply chain will ensure that the quality spare parts we provide match your equipment requirements and that you can quickly access key items that are subject to unpredictable demand. As a global supplier, we can purchase all your necessary OEM and third-party items.
Our offerings within spare parts include:
- Single items for spare-parts exchange
- Sets of spare parts
- Consultancy regarding:
- Lists of recommended spare parts
- Forecasts for spare-parts’ needs and costs
- Spare-part inventory optimisation
- Warehouse management
- Proactive and predictive maintenance services (such as Maintenance Management Systems – covering spare-parts inventory control and maintenance activities)
- Repair services and parts replacement: engineering, installation and technical advisory for installation
Use predictive management and spread the cost of parts
Beyond the actual supply of parts, we can look at the entire scope of your operation to solve underlying problems, helping you plan preventative maintenance, condition based maintenance, and the management of spare parts. This means that you have the right parts ready when you need them. With better forecasting, we help you spread capital costs and avoid negative financial surprises during the year.
The result ensures an efficient workflow that closely links your maintenance programme with plant purchasing and procurement.
Source high-quality parts, quickly
Our global foot print ensures that you don’t have to search very far to find the spare parts required.
Take advantage of our long experience in specifying, manufacturing and supplying quality parts. Our global supply chain means that we, as the OEM, can source the correct part and offer you competitive prices. And you can rely on a swift delivery, 24/7.