Streamline your productivity with our Underground Feeder Breakers
Connect your mobile mining machinery and fixed conveyor system with our Underground Feeder Breaker, which reduces your product to a manageable size and smoothes the flow on your conveyor belts. Underground Feeder Breakers streamline operations, helping you to operate at maximum efficiency and productivity.
There is a reason we are the industry standard
The original Buffalo feeder-breaker was developed and successfully introduced into coal mines in 1975. Since then, our constant product development and innovation have ensured that the FLSmidth line of feeder breakers has become an industry standard.
Providing high productivity, reliability, availability and cost efficiency in even the most demanding conditions, our Underground Feeder Breaker is truly legendary. As a vital link between your mining machinery and conveyors, it allows your system to work at its maximum productivity. The Underground Feeder Breaker’s advantages include low maintenance requirements, longer chain life, better size control and the capacity to run either or both the dual conveyor systems. Unlike other feeder breakers, our feeder breaker does not need to be manually offloaded in the unusual instance of a chain failure.
- Capacities up to 2,000 tph (2,204 stph)
- Match the capacity of your mining and haulage equipment
- Reduces ROM feed size of up to 1,000 mm (40-in) to a manageable size for conveying
Increase your mining efficiency – Underground Feeder Breakers
- High capacity and performance
- With capacities of up to 2,000 tph (2,204 stph), our Underground Feeder Breakers can accept ROM feed sizes up to 1,000 mm (40-in).
- Streamline processes
- Our Underground Feeder Breakers connect your mobile mining machinery to your fixed conveyor system, as they reduce your ROM product to a manageable size and smooth the flow on your conveyor belts.
- Reduce operating costs
- The Underground Feeder Breaker’s advantages include low maintenance requirements and longer wear life. Built using a standard pool of subsystems and components, these machines ensure a high degree of interchangeability, modular replacement, low-cost spares and stockholding. Add to that our high machine availability of up to 99%, and you will ultimately realise lower operating costs.
Robust and reliable machines
Our Underground Feeder Breakers are robust, modular and highly reliable. We build these machines using a standard pool of subsystems and components to ensure a high degree of interchangeability, modular replacement, low-cost spares and stockholding, adding to their legendary high availability of up to 99%.
Feeder-breakers consist of three main sections – the hopper, the feeder section and the breaker section. These sections are incorporated into a robust and mobile machine that can be wheeled, tracked or skid-mounted, according to your requirements.
The feeder section can be supplied in either flight-bar or flightless configurations. Our dual flightless conveyor chain arrangement results in longer chain life, better size control and the capacity to run either or both of the dual conveyor systems.
The breaker section consists of a single drum, utilising slow-turning picks to fracture, rather than crush, the material. The picks are self-sharpening, with a patented fastening clip for secure fastening and quick removal. This design yields a more even product size, while minimising the generation of fines.
The feeder section features the unique FLSmidth dual flightless conveyor chain arrangement, with major advantages over the more traditional flight conveyor system that is used in most other feeder breaker designs.
We offer a standard range of Underground Feeder Breakers, as well as custom designs based on your specific mine’s requirements in terms of through flow, product size, ancillary machinery and mining conditions.
- ROM feed size to 1,000 mm (40-in)
- Capacities up to 2,000 tph (2,204 stph)
- Fabricated steel body
- Low head room
- Mobile installations utilising skids, wheels, or crawlers
- Feeders available in either a flight-bar design, with two strands of heavy-duty chain, or the flightless design, with four separate strands of feeder chain for maximum availability
- Good wear life, with low deck speeds and high-wearing steels in all abrasive areas
- Start-up under load