The only AFP filter plate of its kind
As much as 10% more volume, improved filtration times, and longer plate lifecycle for your AFP
Our team of FLSmidth engineers made several enhancements to improve performance within four core aspects of our plate design.
1. Area: expanded filtration surface area improves throughput
2. Volume: greater chamber volume allows for increased cake mass per cycle
3. Flow: engineered port locations and size to promote filtrate flow and eliminate areas that fatigue filter media
4. Lifecycle: increased filtrate port area reduces velocity of filtrate and cake blow air, extending plate life
The end result is a plate that boosts productivity and cuts operational costs
As the need for filtered tailings management increases, so does the demand for high-efficiency, cost-effective dewatering equipment. Filter plates play an important role within your AFP, maximising water recovery to support the future of sustainability.
- Greater filtration surface area and volume improves production
- When it comes to throughput, every millimetre on the surface of the plate counts. By maximising the plate area, your operation becomes more efficient and ultimately more profitable.
- Streamlined plate anatomy prolongs cloth life
- Cloth changeout is time consuming and expensive. The Maxa Filter Plate addresses the most common points of cloth failure.
- Port size and arrangement extends plate life
- Filtrate port design affects how air flow wears the plate over time; a reduction in air velocity promotes better filtrate flow through the plate. This reduces plate abrasion at the ports, extending the plate’s overall lifecycle.
Small design changes – big impact
We improved the AFP filter plate’s physical characteristics to increase cloth life and maximise productivity
Expanded filtration surface area
- Optimised staybosses and sealing surface
- Maximum energy transfer with pip pattern design
- Expanded cake formation for greater cake volume
- Streamlined filtrate path from edge to edge
Streamlined plate anatomy
- Air for cake blow is introduced at a lower velocity to reduce abrasion
- Modified interfaces between the plate and cloth provides greater support, minimising high stress areas on the filter cloth
- Better pip design provides more consistent cloth support
- Engineered port locations and size promote filtrate flow