The right equipment, right away, with standardised Rotary Dryers
Rotary Dryers – Standardised drying for a wide range of materials
In today’s fast-paced industry, you need solutions that are flexible and and standardised. That’s what you get with FT Series Rotary Dryers from FLSmidth.
When you’ve got goals to meet, the last thing you want is to get stuck waiting on your equipment. But given that every mining operation is unique, sometimes finding the right equipment to fit for your business can be extremely difficult. And when to comes to drying and processing your valuable raw materials, not having the right equipment solutions can grind your entire process down to a halt — decreasing throughput and putting a chokehold on your revenue.
FLSmidth has the solution.
FLSmidth FT Series Rotary Dryers
FLSMidth FT Series Rotary Dryers take the drying process, and standardise it. Designed to support today’s fast track delivery schedules, FLSmidth has developed a standardised series of rotary dryers known as the FT Series Rotary Dryers. The FT Series Rotary Dryers are available in standard sizes between 3.0 and 6.0 meters in diameter. These standardised designs provide quick turnaround for approval documents and improved equipment deliveries, as well as increased parts availability. The end result? You get the equipment you need, when you need it, and your operation avoids costly downtime.
And the equipment isn’t the only thing that’s available when you need it; with our comprehensive advisory services, we’re always there to help you select the Rotary Dryer solution that best suits your specific application.
- Designed for processing a wide variety of materials; nickel ore, soda ash, phosphate,bauxite, sand, petroleum coke and many other minerals at moisture contents up to 50%.
- Fuel system options include; natural gas, light or heavy oils, coal and petroleum coke.
- Co-current or counter-current flow systems are available.
And because even standardised products can use some customisation, we also include a variety of options for our Rotary Dryers, including air pollution control system options; electrostatic precipitators (ESP), baghouse, wet scrubbers or multiclone collectors.
As OEM for Rotary Dryers, we know our equipment. And as a major supplier in the mining industry for over a century, we understand the problems and concerns that face modern mining operations. We stand behind our FT Series Rotary Dryers, and we want to work with you to ensure that our solutions are boosting your business.
Unmatched dependability, turnaround and availability — Rotary Dryers
- Improved dependability
- Our FT series Rotary Dryers are rugged enough to handle ongoing use with a minimum of maintenance or repair downtime. This means better throughout and increased revenue for your business.
- Better turnaround
- Offering standardised sizes between 3.0 and 6.0 meters in diameter, these Rotary Dryers provide quick turnaround for approval documents and equipment deliveries.
- Superior equipment availability
- With standardised sizes to meet nearly any application, we’ll always have the right Rotary Dryer parts on hand for when you need them
FLSmidth Standardised Rotary Dryer technology to match your materials
- Gear and pinion are reversible so that both flanks of the teeth can be utilised for longer life.
- Forged pinion mounted on an extended reducer shaft for sizes from 3.0 to 3.8 m diameter. Forged pinion with integral shaft for sizes larger than 3.8 m diameter.
- Automatic gear and pinion spray lubrication system.
- Fully enclosed gear guard for maximum protection.
- Grease lubricated spherical roller support bearings designed for 80,000 hour of L10 life.
Dryer shell and internals
- Shell is fabricated from ASTM A-36 carbon steel. Riding ring sections are made of heavier plate than the balance of the shell
- Internal lifters shower the material for maximum drying and heat transfer. The internals (starting from the feed end) consist of; feed advancing spirals to minimise back spilling, straight lifters bolted to angle brackets which are welded to the shell, and a section of bare shell at the discharge end to minimise dust entrainment.
- Overlapping spring plate seals on both ends of the dryer minimise air infiltration.
- Support rollers are made of high-grade forged steel and are integral with the shafts.
- Grease lubricated spherical roller support bearings are designed for 80,000 hours of L10 life.
- Full thrust is included. The downhill thrust roller is designed to take the full downhill thrust.
|Rotary dryer standard sizes|
|3.0 diameter x 21.0 m long||
|3.2 diameter x 22.4 m long
|| 130.6 kW