Our Silicon Carbide and Alumina Lined Piping for optimal wear resistance
Silicon Carbide and Alumina Lined Piping for optimal wear protection
In hard rock mineral processing, sometimes it is the equipment that gets pulverised. Your machinery is subjected to incredible strain in the form of abrasive wear, chemical deterioration and incredibly high temperatures. Without the proper protection, you face expensive maintenance and repairs, costly downtime and reduced output. FLSmidth has the wear protection to keep your equipment running smoothly, in the form of Silicon Carbide and Alumina Lined Piping.
As ceramic manufacturing technologies continue to improve, silicon carbide ceramics have become the material of choice for highly-aggressive wear applications on hard rock mineral processing sites. More complex shapes and increased diameters allow this material to be a successful value proposition in more and more of your vital applications, compared to traditional materials.
Our experience, knowledge and manufacturing capabilities allow us to develop solutions to meet your unique needs and expectations, while driving product enhancements that are as sustainable as they are effective.
Our Silicon Carbide and Alumina Lined Piping solutions are ideal for complete piping systems, including:
- Cylinders and plungers
- High temperature applications
Silicon Carbide and Alumina Lined Piping delivers several key benefits
- Superior wear protection
- Advanced ceramic linings offer superior wear protection from sliding abrasion, resist chemical corrosion and high temperatures (1400°C).
- Reduced energy costs
Silicon carbide can be formed with reduced wall thicknesses compared to alumina and basalt, reducing associated slurry pumping energy costs.
- Optimised for more applications than traditional materials
- Silicon carbide can be used in more complex shapes and increased diameters. This makes it an optimised solution for a wide range of applications.
Silicon Carbide and Alumina Lined Piping — full-range protection
- 92% Alumina of Vickers Hardness of 1100kg/mm2, offers excellent protection for sliding abrasion applications
- Silicon Carbide of Vickers Hardness of 2000kg/mm2, offers superior protection for sliding abrasion applications