Performance and longevity: benefit from both with Urethane Cyclones
Most separation equipment demands you make a choice and you end up sacrificing production, wear life and even end product quality looking. Our Urethane Cyclones are different. You gain the best of all worlds – from capital outlay to capacity to quality to long wear life. Ease of installation is facilitated by our lower weight construction and performance is guaranteed by improved geometry and long wear life.
Separate yourself from the rest
The highs and lows of running your operation are easily reflected in your wet processing needs. You demand high capacity and low maintenance. Optimum product quality and minimum downtime. Long service life and low capital outlay. Your operation depends on equipment that will perform as it is designed to do – day in and day out.
Look no further than KREBS® Urethane Hydrocyclones. Our Urethane Cyclones are ideally suited for solids classification and separation in wet processes. Their lightweight construction, small footprint, and ease of handling make them a good option for both mining and industrial applications. Quality urethane construction delivers the abrasion and corrosion resistance you require. And with no moving parts, they require minimal maintenance. Available in KREBS patented gMAX® geometry, the performance is second to none.
In high-process capacities, numerous Urethane Cyclones can be manifolded together into radial or inline configurations that work within tight spaces. As an added benefit, we can easily retrofit Urethane Cyclones into your existing processes.
KREBS Urethane Hydrocyclones will dependably perform ultrafine separations and handle large volume feedstreams with high solids loading. As part of the full line, we offer the renowned KREBS gMAX hydrocyclone technology in most Urethane Cyclone sizes, allowing you to reach a performance level that was formerly only achievable using many small-diameter cyclones, at a much higher capital cost.
The moulded Urethane gMAX Cyclone has the capability to produce finer and sharper particle separations, using larger, high-capacity cyclones. For instance, the gMAX 25 mm (1-in) Cyclone will achieve separation as fine as 10 microns, which may be comparable to competitors’ cyclones of the same size – but the gMAX operates at much higher capacity.
Urethane cyclones that are up to your tough wet-process challenges
- Finer, sharper separations
- Krebs Urethane Cyclones achieve 25% to 40% finer, sharper separations than standard cyclones.
- High capacity in a small footprint
- Because our Urethane Cyclones require fewer hydrocyclones to deliver optimal performance, they will install into the manifold to fit in tight spaces. These cyclone manifold systems will provide fine filtration and handle any flow rate from 3.8 litres per minute (1 gpm) up to 18,927 litres per minute (5,000 gpm) or more.
- Low capital cost
- Fewer cyclones translates to lower capital expense. We have designed our Urethane Cyclones to fit or retrofit into your existing operation and processes.
- No moving parts; wear resistant for long service life
- Two-component moulded urethane construction provides maximum strength, along with abrasion and corrosion resistance, for long wear life.
- Minimal maintenance required
- Maximum strength, yet lightweight for easy handling. Worn sections can be replaced individually.
A full line of moulded urethane separation solutions
We offer a complete line of KREBS Urethane Hydrocyclones ranging in size from 13 mm to 254 mm (.5-in to 15-in) in diameter. Separation d50's as fine as 3 microns are possible, with flow rates per cyclone ranging from 2.27 litres per minute (.6 gpm) to 1,136 litres per minute (300 gpm and higher. We can combine multiple units into a manifold arrangement for unlimited capacities.
Our gMAX technology is available in most urethane sizes. The gMAX Cyclone incorporates modern apex and cone designs that feature performance-enhancing benefits. We modified the cyclone inlet and cylindrical sections to minimise turbulence and wear, but still provide the capability to operate at much higher capacities than other hydrocyclones of the same diameter.
We analyse your separation requirements to determine your required cyclone size. If your process flow exceeds the capacity of an individual cyclone, we recommend installing multiple cyclones on a common manifold to achieve your necessary process capacity. Cyclone manifolds are available in a variety of configurations and are custom tailored to your application.
We offer the following manifold options: