- Identify opportunities to improve KPIs across the flowsheet
- Plan and implement upgrades to achieve best outcomes for investment
- Monitor and measure results to empower continuous improvement process
- Sustainably maximise production and profitability
Maximise productivity and realise your plant’s full potential through continuous performance optimisation
Continuous sustainable productivity improvements with PerformanceIQ® Services
The pressure is on to meet rising global demand for minerals. At the same time mine’s must control costs, keep people safe, protect communities, and reduce environmental harm. These are significant challenges that can only be solved through partnership.
Your partner in productivity
With a dedicated onsite team, supported by the PerformanceIQ hub, our global mining services centre, we partner with you to maximise productivity and achieve your plant’s full potential by:
- Identifying performance gaps
- Prioritising solutions
- Taking actions with defined targets
- Monitoring, adjusting and enhancing actions against goals
- Achieving sustainable productivity improvements
What is PerformanceIQ Service and how will it benefit you?
Watch our team explain PerformanceIQ Services which launched at PERUMIN 2022.
How does it work? The five steps to performance optimisation
- Step 1: Bottleneck analysis
Through a comprehensive audit and deep technical analysis of your operational and maintenance processes, we uncover the bottlenecks and highlight opportunities for improvement. To do so, we look at all the various inputs to your process, from materials to process control technologies and people. We also draw on the experience gained from thousands of optimisation projects at mines around the world.
Every operation has gaps – but no two operations are the same. So this is an entirely bespoke service that we customise to your needs and targets.
- Step 2: Workshop solutions
Once we have completed this discovery process, we bring our findings to an in-depth and in-person workshop, where we identify all opportunities to make meaningful improvements to your operation.
This could include specific training programmes. It might be new digital tools – such as the ECS/ProcessExpert® advanced process control software, our LoadIQ smart sensor solution, or our online condition monitoring services delivered by experienced process experts. Or it could be specific equipment upgrades, e.g., replacing wear panels with longer-life, higher performing alternatives.
- Step 3: Prioritise the opportunities
- We will then look to prioritise the opportunities identified in the previous two steps by financial impact and delivery time. This will take into account our current offerings and capabilities. We will also set expectations here for what can be achieved and how we will monitor, measure and validate the results.
- Step 4: Take action
- This is when we put all of our learnings into action to implement the agreed solutions. Backed by any necessary training and support from the experts at PerformanceIQ hub, we work with your onsite team to deliver tangible performance improvement.
- Step 5: Monitor the results
- Our ultimate aim is continuous improvement. This means continuous monitoring and reporting of the results. By doing so, we can continuously adjust and take action to ensure we achieve our implementation goals.
Optimisation by experience
Of course, we’re not new to performance optimisation. We’ve been working with our mining customers for years to improve their mining processes.
The results included a 7% to 15% increase in throughput, an 8% decrease in energy consumption, and reduced energy intensity per tonne of copper produced.
As a result, we were able to extend replacement intervals and speed-up installation time. The optimised design helped to increase grinding efficiency and reduce power consumption.
Based on previous experience with our filters and thickeners, Indian mining company, Hindustan Zinc, asked us to advise on a dry tailings solution based on our sedimentation and filtration technology. Supported by our test facilities in Chennai, we demonstrated the effectiveness of this solution over that of alternative proposals. We also offered a one-source solution for equipment and engineering, which was attractive to the client.
Our solution achieved better-than-expected dewatering, and over 86% of process water in the tailings is now recycled. As a result, the mine can expand production without increasing water draw in an area of high-water stress.