Improve the precision of your analysis with our single-temperature TGAs
Analyse samples to international standards with our TGAs
When it comes to sample analysis, we understand that speed is of the essence in your laboratory, and so is accuracy.
While laboratory ovens and furnaces generally operate for fixed times and at fixed temperatures and require samples to be manually weighed, our Single-Temperature TGAs offer an alternative approach and the efficiencies you seek.
In fact, our Single-Temperature TGAs are designed to support you to elevate your analysis processing rates and your results. They come with integrated load cells and combine drying, ashing and weighing processes to drastically improve efficiency, precision and accuracy, and sample throughput.
They are suited for use with a wide range of materials including ores, coal, coke, cement, lime, polymers, adhesives, foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, paper, tobacco and organic samples.
Typically, the analysis is performed in air. However, they also offer you the freedom to tailor the testing to suit the material being tested, and to use gases such as nitrogen or oxygen.
With our Single-Temperature TGAs, you maintain complete control. Samples can be heated and cooled to specific heating profiles. Heating rates can be set to each temperature. Samples can be held at fixed temperatures for a predefined period, and they can be weighed at predefined temperatures until they reach a constant mass.
Our range of high performing Single-Temperature TGAs includes:
- Auto TGA Thermogravimetric Analyser – operating at temperatures up to 1000°C, this analyser is designed specifically for integration into fully automated robotic systems or other high-volume automated systems, to provide fast results.
- Auto TGA Moisture Analyser – a variant of the Auto TGA Thermogravimetric Analyser, this analyser is designed specifically for moisture determination. It operates at temperatures just over 100 °C, and features temperature control accurate to 0.1 °C for the best possible moisture results.
- Ceres Single Point Thermogravimetric Analyser – designed to operate at a fixed temperature, this analyser offers fast turnaround times on your analytical results and the ability to process high volumes of samples quickly.
Single-Temperature TGAs that combine drying, ashing and weighing
Our Single-Temperature TGAs are installed as standard with numerous innovative features that result in fast and reliable sample processing, and accuracy in analytical results. Made of robust materials to deliver a long life and minimal maintenance, they are ergonomic to operate and make data collection easier.
- Fast analysis and results
- Our Single-Point TGAs are designed for laboratories where fast turnaround of analytical results is required, and where high volumes of samples need to be processed. Automatic loading and unloading of samples and technology that accelerates the sample drying process support the fast delivery of analytical results.
- Continuous sample loading
- There is no need to wait for the furnace to heat up or cool down – samples can be loaded, analysed and unloaded while this occurs. Smart machine design and sample handling and processing also facilitates the easy and continuous movement of samples through the loading, heating, weighing, cooling and unloading process.
- Choice of sample magazines
- The range of sample magazines available with our Single-Point TGAs is extensive, as is the size of the crucibles. Benefit from having the flexibility to perfectly match the crucible and the magazine with your sample material and analysis needs.
- Safe for operators
- The safety of your operators is at the forefront of our analysers’ design. The fully enclosed and insulated machines prevent exposure to extreme temperatures. Smart loading and unloading systems keep operators’ hands well away from heating elements. Failsafe systems keep access locked down during operation.
Obtain fast results and high throughput with our TGAs
- Auto TGA Thermogravimetric Analyser
Our robust and precise Auto TGA Thermogravimetric Analyser is designed specifically for integration into fully automated robotic systems or other high-volume automated systems, to provide fast results.
It can operate at temperatures up to 1000 degrees and, to guarantee easy and precise operation, includes an industrial programmable logic controller (PLC), robust furnace elements and three thermocouples for precise temperature control, as well as a load cell accurate to 0.1 mg for accurate mass determination.
Reliable and accurate
Our analyser’s fixed temperature processing capability results in no overshoots or wasted time in heating and cooling. The exact same weighing interval for each sample means its precision is much higher than that experienced with batch processing methods, improving accuracy in your laboratory.
Fast drying and processing
Our Auto TGA purges gases or dry air to create the right atmospheric conditions for a wide range of drying methods, to international standards. Four Auto TGAs are typically used together, with each set at a different temperature. They are commonly integrated with auto sample dosing. Samples are safely and efficiently transported between the machines by a spider-arm gripper system. Once the sample has undergone analysis, the crucibles are cleaned automatically and reused. Designed to improve laboratory efficiencies and accuracy, our Auto TGA can process over 1000 samples per day in this way.
The carousels are made from silicon carbide (SiC), which offers superior resistance to chemical attack and warping at high temperatures.
- Auto TGA Moisture Analyser
Our Auto TGA Moisture Analyser is specially designed for high accuracy at lower temperatures and is excellent for moisture determination. It operates at temperatures just over 100 degrees, and features temperature control accurate to 0.1 °C, for the best possible moisture results.
To accelerate the drying process, our Auto TGA Moisture Analyser purges dry preheated gas or air across the surface of each sample. The furnace chamber is insulated aluminium rather than ceramic. This has a higher thermal mass, superior heat retention and quicker heat transfer to the samples. It mimics the Parcher systems typically used in iron ore ISO standards in this regard.
Like our regular Auto TGA, our Auto TGA Moisture Analyser (M version) is designed to be integrated into fully automated robotic systems or other automated solutions. It is typically operated in conjunction with several Auto TGAs, for which it provides the dry starting mass for their individual LOI analyses.
Our Auto TGA M version is built using an industrial PLC making it easy to integrate into plant and automated solutions. Robust furnace elements and three low temperature thermocouples are used in each unit to ensure precise temperature control.
- Ceres Single Point Thermogravimetric Analyser
Benefit from fast turnaround times on your analytical results, and process high volumes of samples quickly with our Ceres Single Point Thermogravimetric Analyser. Designed to operate at a fixed temperature, it can reach temperatures up to 1000 degrees, and directs a flow of dry hot air or gas across the surface of each sample to accelerate the sample drying process.
Our Ceres Single Point TGA gives your operators the freedom to load, analyse and unload samples without the need for the furnace to heat up and cool down. Empty crucibles are weighed, and this mass is captured by control software. Samples are then manually added to the crucibles and their mass captured. Loaded crucibles are either placed one at a time in the side input position or placed into their designated location within the sample tray. The tray is then loaded into the machine for analysis. Your operator selects a predefined analytical method or easily creates a new method. Samples are automatically loaded one at a time into the furnace. When their analysis time is complete, they are weighed internally in the furnace by a precision weighing cell. Samples are then automatically removed from the furnace.
Various sample magazines
A typical sample magazine accommodates 38 crucibles – with 24 furnace positions available – and each crucible can hold up to 5 g of sample material each. Various sample magazines are available to accommodate batches of samples, with removable sample trays that can be loaded with samples and installed into the magazine. The number of samples that the magazine and tray can accommodate is dependent on the crucible size. The machine magazine is made from silicon carbide (SiC), which offers superior resistance to chemical attack and warping at high temperatures.
Automatic sample transport
Ceres Link is also available with this TGA system. This unique technology allows samples to be automatically transported from one Ceres Single Point TGA system operating at a fixed temperature, to the next TGA system operating at a different temperature. Up to four TGA systems can be linked together, with each operating at different temperatures.
Speed data collection and times by operating two Ceres Single Point TGAs in parallel. For example, a sample can be weighed into two crucibles. One can be placed into one Ceres Single Point TGA to determine the moisture content, while the second can be placed into the second Ceres Single Point TGA to measure LOI. As both single point units are operating at the required temperature, the analysis happens in parallel and results for both moisture and LOI can be available in minutes.