Maximise the productivity of your carbon in your CIL/CIP plant
A customisable, longer-life carbon interstage screen
Here at FLSmidth, we’re one of the largest manufacturers of plant and equipment for gold miners around the world. We understand your business, and we know how important high-quality carbon retention screens are to your operations. That’s why we’ve made sure our interstage screens are the most reliable and longest lasting product available on the market today.
Seamless design, manufactured for your needs
Our engineers have worked hard to develop a product that can be custom made in any diameter up to 2.5 metres, to fit any make and design, without the need to cut, weld or reroll – an achievement no other producer can claim. Also, the unique symmetrical seamless design of our screen cylinder eliminates weak points while increasing the open area by 18% or more. This lifts basket life more than 40% compared to other products.
Our Carbon Retention Screens can be installed into Kemix and WesTech equipment, offering carbon-in-pulp (CIP) and carbon-in leach (CIL) designs.
Global manufacturing base
Our global manufacturing footprint ensures we can get our carbon retention screens to you when you need them. Carbon Retention Screens are currently manufactured at three sites:
- Charleston, West Virginia, USA
- Brisbane, Australia
- Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Tucson, AZ, USA
- Delmas, South Africa
- Zacatecas, Mexico
- Santiago, Chile
- Votorantim, Brazil
- Antofagasta, Chile
- Arequipa, Peru
- Perth, Australia
- North America: Salt Lake City and Tucson
- South Africa: Delmas
- Central America: Mexico (Zacatecas)
- South America: Peru (Arequipa), Chile (Santiago and Antofagasta) and Brazil (Votorantim)
- Australia: Perth
- Asia: Mongolia
An advanced carbon interstage screening solution for your gold mine
We know your business needs screens that last longer and are readily available when you need them. Our intertank carbon screens are the most reliable and advanced product on the market and the scale of our global operations ensures replacements will be available on demand.
- Longer basket life
- We’ve invested in our manufacturing operations to ensure we can provide your business with truly seamless baskets of all sizes – something none of our competitors can offer. We’ve also ensured our Carbon Retention Screens have tighter tolerances and a greater open area than alternative products to increase flow rates and decrease passing velocities. That ensures our screens will wear more evenly and increases their life by more than 40%.
- Custom-built for your needs
- Our carbon screens can be custom made in any diameter up to 2.5 metres and will fit any make and design (including Kemix and WesTech systems). Even better, they can be installed without any cutting, welding or retooling, which helps extend the life of the screens.
- Stocked in multiple locations
- We’ve got the largest manufacturing base for wedge-wire screen in the world. Our Carbon Retention Screens are manufactured at three sites globally and stocked at another ten facilities spread across Africa, Asia, Australia and the Americas, so you’ll be able to source them easily and quickly when you need them.
Reliable carbon interstage screening, backed by a quality guarantee
Our Gold Carbon Retention Screens are manufactured in a way that guarantees a seamless design with the tightest possible tolerances. We’re proud to stand behind the quality of our product.
Our quality systems and equipment measure in real time during the fabrication process to ensure aperture openings are always made within the tightest tolerances. By comparison, some of our competitors’ screens have had variances of up to 100 microns, which can cut the life of a screen by up to 25%.
Accurate wire tilt
We’ve ensured our Carbon Retention Screens are constructed with an zero wire tilt to prevent pegging and blinding. That will reduce the need for washing and will ensure the screens wear more evenly to extend the life of the basket.
Unlike our competitors, we’re able to both guarantee and prove the quality of our screens.
We’ll provide you with a quality certificate for each screen.