- Lower operating power required
- Creates microcracks for downstream processes
- Provides a more stable grinding operation for variable ores
- Reduces the need for and consumption of grinding media
Optimise your results with a high pressure grinding roll, an ultra energy efficient way to crusher fine particles
When it comes to grinding, our HPGR is the right choice for energy-efficient comminution technology to meet the challenges of complex ores.
HPGR - Today's technology for today's mines
Our HPGR is flexible enough to be highly suitable for both brownfield expansions and greenfield installations. The wide variety of ways our customers are already using the machine shows just how helpful the technology is.
Our HPGR is a perfect complementary tool to work in conjunction with, and even enhance the performance of traditional grinding mills and fixed-gap crushers. The HPGR exposes feed material to very high pressure for a short amount of time. The compression typically causes the rock to crack and cleave along the grain boundaries, weakening the rock structure and exposing the ore particles. This high pressure also creates a large amount of fines and causes the formation of microcracks in the larger particles, lowering the Bond work index of the ore and reducing the ball mill power required downstream.
159 HPGR global installations
HPGR Proven Expertise:
- 35+ years of experience supplying HPGR’s to mining customers
- More than 150 machines installed across all mining sectors
- More machines treating true, hard rock ores than all others combined
- Field-proven wear surfaces that set the industry expectations for all applications
- High level of shop pre-assembly prior to shipping to ensure a smooth fit-up on site
- Optimising erection and commissioning efforts
High pressure grinding roll - saving energy and providing results
- Primary Grinding
HPGRs add efficiency to the primary grinding circuit for highly competent and complex ore bodies. HPGR product has microcracked particles which weakens the boundaries and lowers the Bond work index. This reduces the amount of ball milling power required downstream.
- Pebble Crushing
Our HPGR is great at de-bottlenecking your problematic pebble circuit. You know how easy it is for hard pebbles to get caught in circulation, small enough to escape the mills but too large to make it through your screening process. Our solution is to crush the pebbles with a cone crusher and then feed them to an HPGR. This arrangement will crush the pebbles enough that that you can feed the product directly into the ball mill sump.
- Heap Leaching
If higher recoveries and faster leach kinetics is important to you, HPGR should be a consideration for your heap leach flowsheet. The microcracking in HPGR product lends itself nicely to the heap leaching process. HPGR inclusion in heap leaching can be a viable retrofit to existing operations as well as for original plant designs.
- Finish Grinding
The future of mining is dry comminution circuits that minimise wasted power, water consumption and carbon production. This circuit also provides downstream benefits:
- The consumption of grinding media is eliminated
- The finished, ground material can be immediately stored, creating a buffer, and allowing the downstream plant to be fed at a consistent rate
- Air separators provide a product with a narrower particle size distribution
Benefits of our HPGR in minerals processing:
- Improved metallurgy due to microcracking of coarse particles
- HPGR is one of the most power efficient tools in comminution
- Higher availability than conventional crushers
- Reduced need for and consumption of grinding media
- More stable grinding operation for variable ores
HPGR is the most efficient comminution product in grinding and milling
Upgrade to HPGR Pro - The game changer in HPGRs
The next evolutionary step in our market leading HPGR technology is the HPGR Pro. With next-gen features resulting in operational advantages, the HPGR Pro offers; higher throughput capacity, greater power efficiency, and longer wear life of the rolls. Additionally, all of our HPGR Standard models (machine sizes 4 thru 10) can be retrofitted with any and all of these features to transform your existing unit into an HPGR Pro
HPGR Pro – features
- Rotating Side-plates (RSPs)
- Mechanical Skew Limiter
- Stud Detection System
- Oil Lubrication System
- Advanced Machine Protection System (AMPS)
- No greasing or cleaning required
- Longer bearing life
- Grit and heat are quickly removed from the bearings
The HPGR has a skid mounted tank with a lubrication oil conditioning system that supplies clean filtered and temperature conditioned oil to the roll bearings. A constant flow of oil carries the contaminants and heat that are generated in operation away from the bearings to maximising uptime. The lubrication oil system instrumentation monitors and protects the system. In contrast, conventional grease lubricated units are messy, require frequent relubrication and must be water cooled.
Advanced skew control
We designed the hydraulic pumping system to the cylinders with advanced skew control (ASC) and use linear variable differential transducers (LVDTs) to monitor the system. As skewing starts to occur in the floating roll, the ASC system adjusts the press force applied to the hydraulic cylinders, keeping the roll assemblies as near parallel as possible during operation, while at the same time maintaining interparticle contact and grinding efficiency over the roll width.