There’s a reason our D-Series Cyclones are found in mining processes
They work! Our D-Series Cyclone is a loyal workhorse in the world of cyclone technology – providing excellent separations, day in and day out keeping your processes running smoothly and less downtime. They are the go-to choice for your mining and industrial applications.
Reliable separation from the cyclone standard
For more than six decades, KREBS D-Series Cyclones have been the separation standard for handling the abrasive slurries you encounter in hard rock mining, coal mining, aggregate, waste water and other process industries. Featuring a variety of metal housing options and numerous elastomer liner choices, as well as unlined molded urethane models, are adaptable to a wide range of solids/liquid separation or classification applications.
We sell D-Series Cyclone units and replacement liners. All of our elastomer-lined hydrocyclones are available with a large selection of vortex finder, inlet head and apex sizes to provide flexibility in adjusting hydrocyclone performance or capacity. Work with our engineers to determine the correct size hydrocylones for your application.
Dependability and easy maintenance from the industry standard
- Sharp separations
The fully involute feed entry design in the D-Series pre-classifies the solids prior to entering the hydrocyclone. This reduces the coarse bypass of solids to the overflow, as
most of these solids are already along the outside wall of the hydrocyclone, and thus are less likely to be pulled to the overflow, ultimately leading to sharper separations.
- Long wear life
- The involute feed is now recognised as the standard for high-efficiency hydrocyclones, compared to standard tangential or pinched-tangential-type feed designs. Because this design reduces turbulence in the inlet, it also reduces wear on the inlet head liner, as there is less impingement against the far wall.
- Easily replaceable liners
- Liner replacement is easy, using the Krebstik® adhesive. This adhesive dissolves the old glue, acts as a lubricant while installing the new liners, and does not form a permanent bond – thus easing the removal of the old liners. The instructions for replacing liners are straightforward and easy to follow.
D-Series Cyclones – the design standard
KREBS D-Series Cyclones are available in diameters of 102 mm to 2,286 mm (4-in to 90-in). The most common sizes can be lined with almost any type of wear material.
Design features of all D-Series Hydrocyclones include:
- Fully involute feed entry design reduces turbulence in the inlet, leading to sharper separations and less wear than standard tangential or squeezed-type tangential inlets
- Replaceable gum rubber or synthetic liners for all housing sections
- Cylinder section is included in standard hydrocyclone models; double cylinder sections are also available
- We offer a range of silicon carbide and alumina liners for the cone sections, apex, and vortex finders
- The variety of apex designs available includes manually adjustable, air-adjustable, hydraulically adjustable, and different fixed apex designs
- Multiple manifold designs available. We custom design each manifold for your application requirements.
We offer the most complete line of wear materials available for our hydrocyclones, including:
- Natural gum rubber
- Synthetic rubber (various types)
- Urethane (various types)
- Nitride-bonded silicon carbide ceramic
- Reaction-bonded silicon carbide ceramic
- Sintered alpha silicon carbide ceramic
- Alumina ceramic
The following is a list of housing materials available for some or all parts:
- Cast urethane
- Stainless steel
- Other alloys upon request