Vertical roller mills offer supreme grinding with high energy-efficiency
Strong and sturdy vertical roller mills for productive grinding
For reliable grinding capability, our vertical roller mills fit the bill
Within the cement industry, vertical roller mills are becoming more important as more cement producers look to increase their use of clinker substitute materials instead of importing clinker to meet localised rises in cement demand.
The advantages of the vertical roller mill include a high level of grinding efficiency combined with reduced energy consumption. For raw materials and cement clinker, the vertical roller mill is an excellent grinding solution because of the relatively lower cost of installation, ease of operation and maintenance, energy efficiency and product quality. Further, our vertical roller mill solution for cement grinding has an ability to dry, grind and separate within a single unit.
- Constantly evolving designs
With the many advantages vertical roller mills offer, we continually develop our VRM offering with the latest upgrades, including the OKTM Mill and the ATOX® Coal Mill. The OKTM Mill skilfully comminutes raw material, cement and slag. It features a patented roller and table design and concrete mill stands instead of traditional, heavy steel structures.
The OKTM Mill’s flexible design makes it possible to operate it with a number of rollers out of service while still reaching 60 to 70 percent of the normal operation output, minimising production losses.
The compact and long-lasting ATOX® Coal Mill has the capability to grind virtually all types of raw coal, to your desired fineness. It is suitable for feed materials with varying moisture percentages, handling abrasive and ‘sticky’ raw coal with ease.
- Better energy efficiencies
The cement industry’s focus on energy reduction has made vertical roller mills particularly compelling. Grinding systems in cement production make up approximately 85 to 90 percent of total plant electrical energy consumption. As vertical roller mills are 30 to 50 percent more efficient than other grinding solutions, they give cement plant owners a great opportunity to
maximise productivity and minimise operating costs. The high energy efficiency is especially beneficial in regions with limited power generating capacity or where electricity availability is limited.
When it comes to grinding raw coal, savings in specific energy consumption can be achieved with vertical roller mills. Specific energy consumption depends on the grindability of the raw coal and the coal meal fineness required. A dynamic separator that ensures high separation efficiency also helps to reduce specific energy use.
- Size matter - when you need it to
- Capacity requirements for new cement and power plants and grinding units are consistently increasing. Over recent decades, continuous advances in manufacturing processes and design principles have helped us to produce reliable vertical roller mills of ever-larger size and potential capacity.
- Offering you more than just a product
- In addition to our innovative equipment offering, we also supply spare parts, including wear segments, and we provide all aftersales services to help you get the most out of your vertical roller mill throughout its lifetime. We have a long track record in delivering and servicing vertical roller mills throughout the world. With our vertical roller mills, you can reduce energy consumption and achieve reliable high grinding capacity.