FLSmidth – our vision, values and strategy
We drive success through sustainable productivity enhancement
This is our vision, our long-term goal, and our aspiration, inspiration and motivation.
In collaboration with our customers, suppliers and business partners, we deliver sustainable, productivity-enhancing solutions. We continuously strive to help our customers generate a profitable return through value-creating growth. Alliances, partnerships and acquisitions further contribute to strengthening our market position.
Strong corporate values
Our vision is supported by a strong commitment to our corporate values:
These values are the building blocks we base our strategy on, and in applying them, we strive to earn the trust of our shareholders, customers, business partners, co-workers, suppliers, employees and the communities in which we live and work.
Strategy and business model
Our strategy is to strengthen our leading position as Productivity Provider #1 in the mining and cement industries, by continuing to maintain and sharpen our competitive edge and fulfilling our customers’ needs.
Our strategy is built on our unique business model, which is a combination of projects, products and services. By linking this model with our life-cycle approach and knowledge, we maximise our customers’ productivity in all dimensions.
Driven by the strategic conditions and opportunities in our industries
Societies all over the world are experiencing economic growth. Urbanisation and industrialisation are driving the need for more infrastructure and better standards of living.
This is good news for the cement and mining industries. New roads, ports, and housing constructions depend entirely on the continuous supply of cement. And copper, for example, is a key component in electrical carts, high-speed trains, distribution of electricity, and renewable energy solutions.
But tapping into these growth opportunities is not as simple as it sounds. Greater scarcity of resources such as energy, water, and raw materials – along with decreasing ore grades and stricter regulations – lead to more complex and costly operations – which, in turn, challenge performance.
Productivity is more business at less cost to the environment
To stay competitive in this complex market, cement and minerals producers need to minimise their use of resources, while optimising production and maximising their return on investment. That’s exactly what we help our customers do. We call this delivering sustainable productivity.
A full flow-sheet offering
With our lifecycle approach, customers can reduce the total cost of ownership over the entire life of their plant or mine.
To help our customers achieve sustainable productivity, we have developed a platform that integrates pioneering products, extensive process know-how, and end-to-end services. This full flow-sheet offering relies as much on more than 130 years' worth of global experience as on the latest digital technologies. Although still a new prospect in the cement and mining industries, digitalization offers one of the most effective ways to improve plant performance and lower the total cost of ownership.
At FLSmidth, we already have a strong digital position through our many years of experience in automating cement plants. It’s our ambition to take digitalization to the next level. This includes making our entire product portfolio smart and self-learning. Through unified IT platforms and data analytics that collect, analyse and benchmark big data we use digitalization to enhance productivity.
With a full ﬂowsheet of premium technologies we can understand performance data and optimise customers’ operations.
We are deeply committed to providing our customers with the equipment, services and knowledge needed to take productivity to the next level.
Strategic focus areas
Our strategy has four key focus areas, which help us stay on track in the pursuit of our strategic goal of strengthening our position as Productivity Provider #1.
- Our customers are our main partners. We build strong customer partnerships through mutual trust and shared values. We earn our customers' trust through local presence, a one–point-of-contact approach, and reliable project follow-through.
- Innovation and digitalization
- By taking digitalization to the next level in the industries we serve, we deliver key automation technologies that form the basis for digital and data-driven decisions and productivity improvements. Preparing solutions for the future, we are constantly working on new technology applications based on the latest digital technologies.
- Only with the right, dedicated talent can we nurture and embrace innovative thinking, stay curious, and stay open to new opportunities. We are committed to creating a safe, flexible, and productive work environment that allows our employees to build an ambitious career, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- We develop eco-efficient products and solutions that help our customers lower their energy consumption and emissions, increase their production, and obtain permits for new plants. This helps to support sustainable development locally as well as globally.