Structure and outline
On this page you can find the frame of the European Industrial Doctorate Program “FlotSim” - Leveraging Multiphase Flow and Physical Chemistry to Engineer the Next Generation of Flotation Processes.
Overall tasks for the joint team of PhD candidates are the development of models for flotation processes, implementation of these models in computer codes, and performing experiments to validate the models.
Each PhD candidate will focus on one of the five specific topics:
- Interaction between particles and bubbles by means of attachment
- Particle-bubble collision in turbulent flow
- Bubble coalescence and breakup in the presence of particles and surfactants
- Turbulence modulation due to particles and bubbles
- Particle fate modelling on the basis of in-depth automated mineralogy