Be able to maintain and change PLC software with ECS/ACESYS™ training
This 5-day course will give you an overview of the communication between the ECS/ControlCenter™ and the Siemens S7 PLC, and you’ll learn about ACESYS™ programming possibilities in the PLC. You’ll also get experience selecting, adding and changing ACESYS™ modules in the ECS/ControlCenter™ and PLC.
- Africa, Australia, Central Asia, East Asia, Europe, Middle East, North America, Russia, South America, Southern Asia
- Cement, Chemical, Food and pharmaceuticals, Mining, Oil and gas refining, Port and terminals, Power utilities, Pulp and paper, Steel, Waste to energy, Water treatment
- Applicable audience
Electrical engineersElectrical maintenance engineersInstrument engineersProcess engineersSystem engineers
- Training at FLSmidth facility
Optimise your control system—ECS/ACESYS™ programming for Siemens S7 PLC
- Learn how to maintain and troubleshoot your control system
- Learn how to create and configure new ACESYS™ objects in ECS and Siemens S7 PLC programs
- Get the knowledge required to change and optimise the Siemens S7 PLC system
Not available in 2021. Please check back in 2022.
What your ECS/ACESYS™ programming for Siemens S7 PLC training covers
Adaptable Control Engineering System (ACESYS™) is used to program PLCs to ensure your plant’s optimal process control. This course will help you optimise your control system by developing your maintenance and troubleshooting skills based on the FLSmidth ACESYS™ programming standard Siemens S7 PLCs that are programmed with Simatic Manager Step 7 software.
With focus on program functions used in everyday operations, you will gain new understanding of how standard equipment truly works and how to use ECS/ACESYS™-based applications to visualise and control activity.
The knowledge you’ll gain at this FLSmidth Institute course ensures that you can maintain the PLC system, troubleshoot the entire control system and make process changes with confidence.
Your course is based on ECS/ControlCenter™ version 8 and will cover:
- ECS and PLC structure and layout
- New features for ACESYS™ 8
- Motion detector
- Select points
- Analog points
- PID controllers
Please note the following about your ECS/ACESYS™ programming for Siemens S7 PLC course
- Course requirements/prerequisites
This course is designed for engineers who work with and program ACESYS™ installations. All participants must have ECS maintenance skills similar to the course "ECS/ControlCenter™ Maintenance" and experience programming Siemens S7 PLC’s Simatic manager.
Each participant must have prior experience or training using ECS control systems and PLC programming using Simatic manager.
- Simulated vm-ware
This course includes training on simulated vm-ware; i.e., a copy of a system with simulation. This means that when participants work with the system, it looks similar to the system you run in your own plant.
- Fee and payment
Your standard training fee covers:
- Registration and tuition
- Training material
- Use of facilities and equipment
- Instruction in English by experienced FLSmidth specialists
- Refreshments and lunches
- Training certificate after course completion
100% advance payment is required.
There will be an administrative charge in case of absence or cancellation.
If a course is cancelled by the client, the following payment is applicable:
0-30 days before = 100% of fee
31-60 days before = 50% of fee
61 days before = 0% of fee
FLSmidth reserves the right to cancel training courses if there are not enough applicants to meet the objectives of a given training course. In case of cancellation, we will notify all applicants directly. FLSmidth will make a full refund but disclaim any further liability.
- Registration contact
Senior Product Engineer, Training and Control Systems
Tel : +1 610-231-5637