Ball mills operations and maintenance seminar
Learn how to optimise your ball mill systems in this 5-day training seminar focused on best practices for operations and maintenance (preventive and reactive) to achieve energy savings, reduced maintenance costs and overall improved productivity of the ball mill systems.
Ball mills are used for many applications in cement production: raw meal grinding, coal and petcoke grinding as well as finish cement grinding. Each of these systems have their similarities and differences. This ball mill seminar is designed to train your personnel on the overall technology, operation and maintenance of your ball mill cement grinding system.
The seminar focuses on the latest best practices for the operation and maintenance of ball mill systems to allow for optimal cement production, energy savings, reduced maintenance costs as well as the continuous improvement of the overall equipment operation.
The course offers classroom instruction from our FLSmidth ball mill specialists and case studies based on real situations at different ball mill installations. Working sessions are scheduled to allow for a thorough study of the design and function of the main equipment, including but not limited to the latest methods for optimisation and possibilities for upgrades and modernisation of the current systems and operations.
Maintenance training is focused on routine preventive maintenance to minimize downtime in ball mill systems, as well as developing preventive maintenance programmes and troubleshooting techniques to quickly identify and fix problems.
Beyond what you will learn about your ball mill systems, this seminar provides excellent networking opportunities with our specialists as well as your counterparts from the cement industry.
- North America, South America
- Applicable audience
Process engineersPlant engineersMaintenance engineersOperatorsShift engineers
- In your local region
Optimising your ball mill operations and maintenance procedures
In the ball mills operations and maintenance training participants will learn:
- How to troubleshoot ball mills to quickly identify and fix problems.
- How to plan and carry out routine preventive maintenance to minimise downtime.
- Optimisation ideas to improve ball mill productivity and cement production.
- Identify possible system upgrades and modernisation options to improve operations.
- Improved synergy in between the production, quality and maintenance departments for better communications and cooperation.
Available dates for the ball mills operations and maintenance training seminar
This 5-day seminar will be held 23 – 27 March 2020 in San Antonio, Texas, USA.
Ball mill operations and maintenance training seminar details
The course offers classroom instruction from our FLSmidth ball mill specialists and working exercises to enhance the learning process.
- Operations topics will include:
- Cement ball mill types
- Design, operating principles and fundamentals of ball mills
- Mill ventilation and gas handling in milling systems
- Ball mills, internal installations and grinding media charges
- Calculation of power consumption
- Optimal load charges and sizing
- Automatic process control for cement mill systems
- Separators, types and their mode of operation
- Calculations for separator efficiency
- Maintenance of grinding media charges in relation to wear
- Cooling and grinding aids
- General measurements and calculations for determination of gas and airflows
- Optimization of mill grinding system
- Mill expert control for ball mill
- Sampling and sample preparation for clinker and cement
- Maintenance topics will include:
- Design features of ball mills
- Safety issues
- Maintenance of mill body
- Maintenance of mill supports
- Maintenance of main and auxiliary mill drives
- Wear parts and wear analysis
- Mill and mill drive alignment
- Main and auxiliary drives inspection
- Shell and head liner measurement
- Lubrication and jacking systems
- Measurement and types of journal bearings
- Separator, types, maintenance and repairs
- Ball mills, internal installations and grinding media charges in relation to wear
- Dust collector maintenance and operation
- Alignment of the mill
Details for the ball mills operations and maintenance seminar
Tuition fee per participants is $2,500 USD. Taxes may apply.
A purchase order is required during registration.
The fee includes all training materials, and daily lunch.
Note: This does not include the cost of your lodging or personal expenses, nor cost of transportation to and from airport.
Payment for participation in the seminar is in advance.
0 - 30 days before = 100% of fee
31-60 days before = 50% of fee
61 days before = 0% of fee
- Registration contact:
Ms. Esmeralda Shpuza
Sr. Training Supervisor
Tel: +1 610 264 6970
Fax: +1 610 264 6031
Register your interest today
You need more information or want to register a group? Give us a call at +1 610 264 6970