Prolong the lifespan of your kiln
A comprehensive kiln health check includes alignment and reconditioning
Achieving high kiln availability is essential to the competitiveness and profitability of your entire plant. You need to identify the root causes of kiln failure and eliminate problems before a breakdown occurs.
Kiln services and maintenance help you avoid:
- Hot bearings
- Kiln cracks
- Wear on rollers and tyres
- Wear between kiln shell and tyres
- Lining failure
Proactively prevent damage
Instead of simply treating the symptoms, it’s really important to identify and deal with the root causes of kiln failure, such as kiln axis misalignment, kiln shell ovality/shell flex, kiln crank, and kiln axial misbalance.
To keep your kiln at optimal health throughout its lifetime, we recommend our key kiln services: hot kiln alignment, and reconditioning of tyres and rollers.
Get your kiln in order
How can you get the best out of your kiln and keep production maximised? A comprehensive hot kiln alignment every two to three years helps you avoid unforeseen breakdowns and maintain full kiln availability and productivity.
Let us analyse your kiln’s performance using advanced measuring techniques and customised hardware and software solutions. The alignment is carried out by an experienced kiln specialist during normal operation of the kiln, so that production can continue.
We’ll help identify potential causes of failure before problems occur as part of a preventative maintenance strategy. And if you’ve already experienced an issue with your kiln, our service will diagnose the actual cause behind the problem and recommend an efficient solution.
Besides evaluating the root causes of any symptoms, during a kiln alignment we also:
- Evaluate the kiln drive
- Carry out an engineering study
- Perform a visual mechanical inspection
Online condition monitoring services for kilns
Hot kiln alignment
Learn more about hot kiln alignment by watching our video.
Support roller alignment
The roller alignment service corrects and minimises the axial thrust (skew) of support rollers, which optimises the axial float of the kiln. This service:
- Reduces bearing temperatures
- Reduces wear on tyre and roller contact surfaces
- Reduces wear on thrust roller components
Reconditioning for rollers and tyres
The need for reconditioning develops from various types of wear and tear. Tyres and rollers naturally form irregular surface profiles from roller skew, in addition to pitting, spalling, irregular markings and rolled-over edges. Left unaddressed, these conditions can lead to increased power consumption, alignment problems and reduced bearing life.
Our reconditioning service corrects problems such as concave/convex wear, rolled-over edges, facets, taper wear and irregular face profiles. And you won’t experience costly downtime or interrupted plant operation; we resurface the worn faces of support rollers and tyres in-situ, while the kiln is in normal production.
- Why resurface?
- Improve mechanical stability
- Reduce energy consumption (by up to 40%)
- Lower operating costs
- Eliminate vibrations
- Maximise bearing life
- Avoid damage to tyre retaining components, bases and drive components
Easy maintenance for the ROTAX-2® kiln
To extend the life of your ROTAX-2® kiln , you need a clear picture of the tangential suspension system, and you must check the frequency drive settings. This reduces the risk of vibration and facet creation on kiln tyres and supporting rollers.
All parts of the ROTAX-2® rotary kiln are visible, which simplifies both inspection and maintenance.
- For the ROTAX-2® kiln, we provide all the necessary services to help you:
- Avoid or correct kiln ovality – we make sure that the kiln shell’s radius of curvature does not change unacceptably during the kiln’s rotation.
- Ensure that the kiln crank is aligned – we check for red spots on the kiln shell and misaligned kiln shell sections.
- Maintain the correct axial kiln balance – we measure trust face temperatures to make sure the axial forces are not too large.
Installing your kiln
- Our kiln installation services include:
- Delivery and replacement of field sections/tyre sections and rollers
- Delivery and installation of girth gear, pinion and drives
- Maintenance services on the kiln inlet and outlet sections and seals
- Change, reversal and alignment of girth gear, pinion and drives
- Installation of new kiln lines
- We supply all the kiln installation tools required, including:
- Constructing support towers
- Cutting and welding equipment
- Lifting devices
- Auxiliary drives for kiln rotation
Match your needs for a skilled workforce
For you to enjoy the best results and peace of mind, we offer turnkey services that cover all your needs. Turnkey services are a combination of technical advisory support, skilled craft labour and state-of-the-art tools to execute work at the highest standards. We can provide this type of service for a variety of jobs from installations and adjustments to repairs, part replacements or rebuilds. Our level of involvement is up to you – so you can choose what works best for your business.