Maintenance Service Agreements: optimum performance, maximum peace of mind
A successful maintenance programme gives you high levels of availability and reliability. There are no unscheduled stops. No runaway costs. All repairs are made in a timely, stress-free and budget-friendly manner. Sounds good, right? Let’s make this a reality at your plant with our Maintenance Service Agreements.
A proactive maintenance approach, supported by experts
What’s the difference between 90% reliability and 91%? A lot of money. When it comes down to it, that’s what your maintenance strategy represents: the gap between performance and optimisation.
Achieving optimum performance
With a process like cement manufacturing, where almost every part of the flow sheet affects the next part, reliability is critical. A gearbox failure could shut down your milling operation. A broken valve could stop your materials handling equipment. Problems in the burner affect not just availability but also quality. It all needs taking care of, preferably in a way that is both strategic and holistic.
At the same time, it’s clear that not all components need to be treated equally. Some are quick and inexpensive to replace. Some are much more challenging and require a long lead time. A good maintenance strategy takes all of this into account to ensure optimum performance, maximum reliability and the lowest possible maintenance cost.
Reducing unplanned downtime and maintenance costs with Maintenance Service Agreements
Unexpected events can negatively impact cement production and maintenance costs. Everyone knows that, but in a busy plant it is easy to miss the early signs of equipment failure, and it can be difficult to cover all maintenance needs.
With over 138 years of expertise across the full flowsheet, we support you in an engaged, structured and flexible way. We can do everything, from inspections on-site to online condition monitoring, installation services and even maintenance strategy. You can concentrate on running the plant, safe in the knowledge that your equipment is being looked after by our local team and a global network of experts.
Tailored service solutions for your plantMaintenance needs vary from plant to plant, and they change over time. So our Maintenance Service Agreements are structured in modules according to where you need support and at what level. You can choose from the Healthcheck, Inspections, Smart support, and Full preventive/predictive packages outlined below, covering all FLSmidth and various non-FLSmidth products. Add-on services are also available, should you wish for us to support with further expert services, such as training, hot kiln alignment or shutdown support services. All you have to decide is how much support you need.
|Service module||Healthcheck||Inspections||Smart support||Full preventive/predictive|
Spares inventory check
|24/7 Remote emergency support||✓||✓|
|Online condition monitoring||Select products||Select products|
What does each service include?
- Basic inspections
- Scheduled site visits by a technical specialist to evaluate equipment behaviour and condition using a proven checklist, and resulting in a traffic-light type of report. Special tools or measurements are not included.
- Spares inventory checks
Prior to detailed inspection of equipment, FLSmidth engineer evaluates spares availability vs. requirement of critical (and in some cases, operational) spare parts, based on FLSmidth list of recommended spare parts. Includes:
▪ Documentation of main equipment installed at the plant site
▪ Review of the existing spares inventory on site
▪ Cross check against FLSmidth recommended list of spare parts (critical and operational)
- Detailed inspections
- Running and stop inspections by technical specialist per the equipment manual, delivering reports with short, medium and long term recommendation actions for equipment reliability.
- Shutdown planning
- Support for preparation of plant maintenance schedules based on the outcome of detailed inspections. Includes lists of tasks, tools, spare parts and consumables.
- 24/7 Remote emergency support
▪ On-demand remote support on emergency, troubleshooting, technical and operational issues
▪ Secure remote access for equipment/plant control system to perform diagnostics and push changes
- Remote insights
- SiteConnect app, providing access to self-service dashboard of plant KPIs.
- Online condition monitoring
Online condition monitoring service packages, including:
▪ Regular reports with key insights (KPIs) on asset health
▪ Sensor health monitoring and alarms
▪ Root cause analysis and critical asset health recommendations based on predictive analytics (future)
Two levels of services packages (Level I and II) are available.