Reduce critical impacts and optimise performance with SAGwise
SAGwise will minimise critical impacts inside your mill to prevent damage to liners and avoid the need for costly shutdowns. This will help lift production and cut energy costs, ensuring your mill is operating more efficiently.
Optimise your SAG Mill with SAGwise
There is no doubt that operating an SAG Mill is a costly exercise. Not only do they consume huge amounts of power, they require expensive mill liners that need to be replaced, potentially resulting in hundreds of thousands of dollars in downtime costs. That’s why improving the operation of your mill through our SAGwise total process control system can have such a big impact on your business.
What can SAGwise do for my business?
SAGwise constantly monitors conditions inside your mill and makes adjustments to reduce the frequency of critical impacts – high energy impacts in which the steel balls used for grinding media strike the liner. This helps extend the life of your liners to cut down on replacement costs and unwanted downtime. SAGwise will also allow you to reduce energy usage while lifting output.
Our system has been shown to:
- Decrease critical impacts against your mill lining by up to 45%
- Reduce power consumption for grinding by up to 6%
- Lift production by up to 6%
- Reduce process variability by up to 30%
- Increase safety by preventing unexpected shutdowns.
A better way to run your SAG Mill
Traditionally, mill operators have relied on their finely-tuned hearing to judge conditions inside mills before making adjustments to try to prevent critical impacts and improve production. Needless to say, this system is far from perfect. SAGwise uses strategically placed acoustic sensors to better monitor mill conditions and critical impacts. That’s not all: while mill operators may be able to make adjustments every few minutes, our system is able to respond to conditions immediately and constantly to ensure your mill is working to its full potential.
Boost and protect your SAG Mill
Our SAGwise total process control system will lower energy usage while increasing production and extending the life of liners It’s a cost-efficient way to significantly lift the performance of your mill operations.
- Reduce critical impacts
- With SAGwise you’ll be able to almost halve the frequency of critical impacts inside your mill. This will help protect and extend the life of your mill liner.
- Increased energy efficiency
- SAGwise constantly adjusts conditions inside the mill to ensure the maximum amount of energy is being used for the purpose you intended: ore reduction. By operating your mill more efficiently, you’ll be able to cut your energy usage by around six per cent.
- Reduced operational costs
- By reducing the frequency of critical impacts inside your mill, SAGwise will reduce the need for costly downtime to replace liners and allow you to spend less on grinding media. The result is lower operational costs.
- Increased production
- As well as reducing costs, SAGwise will ensure your SAG Mill is operating more efficiently. You’ll be able to lift production by about six per cent.
- Full return on investment within six months
Because it lowers costs and lifts production, our SAGwise system typically pays for itself within six months of purchase.
An automated control system for your SAG Mill
Enhanced mill performance
SAGwise total process control uses specially designed acoustic sensors and proprietary process control software to monitor and respond to critical impacts inside your SAG Mill. Conditions inside your mill are automatically adjusted to minimise liner damage, stabilise and then optimise the operation of a SAG Mill.
With SAGwise, you’re mill will grind more efficiently, helping to reduce energy consumption while lifting throughput and extending the life of your mill liners and reducing plant downtime. The result is an enhanced mill performance, leading to greater productivity.
- Mill power consumption
- Load impacts
- Mill load
- Pulp density
- Feed rate
- Mill speed
- Mill water