A reliable entry gate to your plant
Bulk material receiving solution to improve efficiency and safety
Regardless of the material, the receiving process needs to happen with ease and efficiency. Delays can cause traffic congestion, with heavy vehicles queuing as they wait their turn to unload. This also impacts productivity as drivers sit idle.
Those same delays hinder the productivity of the personnel waiting to receive the materials too. Timely receipt of bulk materials is critical to their ability to meet targets and continue manufacturing, processing and other tasks, as scheduled.
Our single and double docking stations are designed to allow for the safe, reliable and efficient receipt of bulk materials, including refuse-derived fuel (RDF), solid recovered fuel (SRF), biomass, household waste and more.
Our docking stations are easy for drivers and operators to use:
- Trucks with walking floor trailers reverse into the Docking Station.
- The trailer can be connected to a hydraulic unit.
- The material in the trailer is unloaded into the reception area.
- The material is moved into a drag chain conveyor either directly or by means of additional screw conveyors.
- Finally, the drag chain conveyor transports the material to wherever it needs to go.
When used in combination with our Drag Chain Conveyor, our docking stations are highly efficient, moving material at 100–400 m³ per hour, with particle sizes of up to 300 mm. With this configuration the Docking Station and Drag Chain Conveyor primarily serve the purpose to feed fuel into the mainburner or calciners of cement plants. Other applications, with higher capacities and different bulk materials are available too.
Our docking stations allow the truck to pull away from the walking floor trailer while connected. This means the unloading can continue and the driver is free to collect the next load, boosting productivity and minimising wait times.
Our docking process is safer because it needs minimal human interaction – there’s no manual labour, meaning less risks to your workers. A local control panel is next to the hydraulic unit (in front of the station) so you can start and stop the process safely and quickly without needing to access a control system.
Aboveground, compact construction is quick – there are no significant structural measures, civil engineering, no pit and no underground hopper. This makes our docking stations a low investment cost compared to other receiving systems, saving you time and money.
Receive material quickly and safety, and save with no on-site storage
- High productivity
Continuous operation, the capacity to have multiple docking stations simultaneously discharging trailers, and the ability for trucks to leave their walking floor trailers connected while leaving to collect their next load makes our docking stations amongst the most efficient on the market.
- Cost efficient
When used in combination with our Drag Chain Conveyor, our docking stations can receive and move material at 100–400 m3 per hour. With only limited person power required, this adds up to significant cost savings. More money is saved thanks to the quick construction time and small footprint – the Docking Station is very compact. It also has low power consumption and is simple to maintain.
- Versatile configurations
Double and single docking stations are available as standard, and we can even design larger-capacity docking stations to suit your setting, if you need. The design is modular, so they can be customised for your workplace. They’re also easily integrated into existing infrastructure.
- Safety for workers
With limited worker involvement, there’s no need to manually unload material or move in, around and behind the truck, creating safer workspaces for everybody.
- Spillage-reduced design
Our single and double docking stations have been intelligently designed to limit the opportunity for spillage during unloading. This ensures the maximum availability of mass materials within the plant.
The rubber seal and the design itself, without the ramp and the drag chain conveyor below ground, contribute to this. However, the design is such that spillage is also minimised even if the setting suits a ramp in front and the drag chain conveyor at ground level.
Put our state-of-the-art Docking Station to work
Our docking stations have a wide range of features to ensure safety, productivity and continuous operation:
- Roller shutters with sensors to protect workers from accidentally entering the system when in use, and to protect against adverse weather conditions when not in use.
- Option for a filter to be fitted on top.
- Solid plate casing with lateral supports and connecting flange for the de-dusting system.
- Inspection doors for visual inspection and to open truck doors.
- Ladder from the bottom level to the top level of the Docking Station, including a hand rail for extra safety.
- Electrical equipment includes local information panels and level monitoring systems.
- Truck guiding rails for an easy delivery.
- Flexible rubber strips and a light band.
- Levelling roller with own drive motor.
- Roof rail with rain drainage.
- Hydraulic power pack to connect to the trailers and operated with a local control panel.