A simple ESP solution that is still tough on dust
The modular ESP: Low-TCO air pollution control
Production industry is under pressure to improve environmental performance. Air pollution control measures such as electrostatic precipitators are an essential means of reducing dust emissions, but can be challenging to implement.
The cost and installation time for a regular ESP can be prohibitive for smaller applications such as those in district heating, biomass or power boilers, lime kilns, brick ovens and special metallurgical processes. But these applications still require the highest standards of emissions control. Our modular ESP solutions offers the lowest total cost of ownership and are engineered to deliver industry-leading efficiency and performance. They match fabric filters in efficiency, delivering reliable dust emission control down to 5 mg/Nm3 .
The flexible modular concept utilises a high degree of standardisation, bringing the cost right down. With maximum preassembly in the workshop, the installation period is simplified. It is now a matter of weeks rather than the usual months for a conventional ESP.
The modular concept is based on our experience of more than 4000 conventional ESPs installed. We have used our approved high quality main components in order to offer well proven technology. The majority of spare parts are exactly the same as in our conventional ESPs to the benefit of your inventory.
Ideal for biomass applications
Compact and cost-effective: the ideal ESP for small-scale applications
Maximum simplicity and optimum performance
- Preassembled, pre-erected
- ESP modules are assembled at our workshop, including pre-erection of all the internal systems and finished hopper and casing wall ready for insulation at site.
- Easy container transport
- Internal systems are locked temporarily and the modules are placed inside standard containers for shipping by land and sea.
- Standard modules
- Modules have a fixed footprint and a variable height depending on gas flow size. All sizes utilise the same key-parts and same number of key-parts. This brings down the cost of the units.Modules have a fixed footprint and a variable height depending on gas flow size. All sizes utilise the same key-parts and same number of key-parts. This brings down the cost of the units.
- Installation in weeks not months
- By undertaking the maximum degree of workshop preassembly, customers benefit from shorter on-site erection time and thus a significantly lower total cost.
- High quality low cost sourcing
- We utilise specialised workshops in China and India to source the modules and key-parts at the lowest possible cost while keeping the quality high. FLSmidth inspectors visit the suppliers to conduct random checks and follow-ups on regular basis.
Vast experience leads to cleaner performance
Flexible and fast ESP installation according to your specifications
Get more with our ESP
Benefits from several existing FLSmidth products and features, including:
- Proprietary microprocessor controls (PIACS® DC4), enabling the modular ESP to react efficiently to process variations. This ensures that outlet emissions remain low even under challenging conditions. A remote service is also available
- High-voltage Fibulax® electrodes for specific process and operating conditions – maximising utilisation of power input and increasing efficiency
- Optimised rapping systems with standard tumbling hammers for cleaning screens, collecting plates and electrodes efficiently