Towards a sustainable cement production
Reducing the environmental footprint of cement production is being attacked from all possible angles – we invite you to join us in discovering new processes and technologies. The Innovation Forum is an open collaboration platform aiming at moving the cement industry towards carbon-neutrality.
The scale of the challenge
Every year, more than 4 billion tonnes of cement are produced – a number that is set to rise as urbanisation and population growth increase demand for concrete. Despite this, the cement industry’s CO2 emissions must fall if sustainability goals are to be achieved.
Developing clinker substitutes
Improving process resilience
Phasing out fossil fuels
Researching next-gen cement plants
We don’t believe so. But we do know that we can’t solve it on our own. No one organisation can. Which is why we are launching our Innovation Forum.
Innovation is at the core of FLSmidth – it has been since 1882. We have continuously improved our equipment and services to accommodate growing demand for cement, while reducing its environmental footprint.
And now we are inviting you to join us and help the industry take the next steps towards a carbon-neutral green cement.
Five areas for collaboration
- Reducing emissions
- Controlling and reducing regulated air pollutants to meet the strictest environmental standards.
- Developing clinker substitutes
- Enabling the production of high-quality cementitious binders with low CO2 footprint.
- Improving process resilience
- Allowing cement plants to predict and control the chemistry and mineralogy of their product, regardless of raw materials and fuels
- Phasing out fossil fuels
- Enabling all cement plants to cost-effectively replace all fossil fuels with alternative fuels without quality and capacity loss.
- Researching next-gen cement plants
- Help us shoot for the moon and explore ideas that could redefine the way cementitious binders are produced. Whether it’s solar calcination, concrete recycling, carbon-negative cements or man-less production, if it’ll transform the industry, let’s look into it.
Are you innovating in one or more of these areas?
We are interested in hearing from you.
FLSmidth has world-class experts, laboratories and testing facilities that could support and accelerate your innovation. We will seriously consider any proposal for joint development. Proposals will be prioritised based on their contribution to reducing the environmental footprint of cement.