Earlier this year, RWE Generation’s thermal power plant in the Netherlands took delivery of the new 460-metre MÖLLER® pneumatic conveying system from FLSmidth. With a capacity of 2x100 tonnes per hour the system sets a new, world record for the longest pneumatic conveying system for wood pellets.
The conveying system is flexible and can be scaled down to 2x14 tonnes/hour depending on the requirement. It is designed and constructed with a comprehensive explosion protection strategy. The complete equipment in the explosion-endangered areas correspond to the latest European Union directives for explosion protection (ATEX 2014/34/EU & ATEX 1999/92/EC).
The entire engineering, procurement, supply, and construction of the new wood pellet transport system was handled by FLSmidth. Now, the plant is ready to be commissioned with two units co-firing 100 tonnes of biomass per hour each.
Facts about the project
- A turnkey pneumatic transport system for transport of 2x100 tonnes/hour with a conveying distance of 460m.
- Complying with the highest levels of energy efficiency and easy maintenance
- ATEX compliant and constructed with explosion protection strategy
- Silo discharge equipment
- Emergency discharge systems
- Rotary feeders
- Compressor station
- Conveying lines
- Receiving silos
- Silo filters
- Discharge screw conveyors
- Weighing systems