Through the acquisition of the former Saarberg AG in May 2000, FLSmidth gained more than 30 years of know-how in the design and construction of coking plant facilities. With its proven KOCH Technology, FLSmidth has designed and built the first 6.25 m high stamp charged coke oven battery worldwide.
FLSmidth offers the following two types of Stamp-Charging Systems:
- Combined Machines (SCP)
- Stationary Stamping Systems
Your benefits using the Stamping Technology: Coke causes up to 50% of the costs during the pig iron production. The cost effective production of high quality coke is thus of prime importance for the competitive ability of the iron producing industry. The stamp charging technology offers a considerable potential for reducing costs during the coke production: It enables the economical production of high- and constant quality coke, also from high volatile and low-quality coal. Even petrol coke and coke dust can be utilized. During the stamp charging process the coal is stamped outside the coke oven, into a single „briquette“ (coal cake), having almost the same dimensions as the oven chamber. This coal cake reaches a density of up to 1.15 t/m³ (on wet coal basis with 10% water) – about 30% more than with the loose coal-charge during conventional top charging systems.
- Coke Quality (CSR, CRI) has improved remarkable
- Cost effective: Stamp Charged Coke is about 35 % cheaper than Top Charged Coke
- Improvement of yield of Blast Furnace Sized Coke
- Improvement of Blast Furnace Productivity
- Pushing, Charging and Travelling device (VVVF driven)
- Emergency drives for charging & pushing drives
- Mechanical door and door frame cleaner
- Compressed air system for degraphitising of oven walls, oven roof and blowing of ascension pipes
- Centralised and fully automatically operated lubrication system
- Compressive force measurement during the pushing process
- Charging force measurement