Repair & Rebuilds
Updating equipment can increase uptimes and maximize performance, saving money by preventing unplanned shutdowns.
Knelson concentrator exchange and refurbishment programs
The exchange program is a simple, cost effective and timely method of Knelson component and machine replacement.
Under typical conditions, a properly maintained Knelson concentrator will provide years of operational performance. In situations of poor maintenance, over-feeding, extreme conditions etc, over time the concentrator and its components will be subject to abrasion and replacement. In the case where the component requires repair or replacement the exchange program is an economical and viable alternative. The advantage of this program is to provide Knelson customers with next-to-new quality components at a reduced cost.
Concentrator refurbishment program
The concentrator re-furbishment program provides a complete machine re- furbishment service to Knelson customers anywhere in the world.
The Knelson concentrator is recognized globally as precision-engineered, robust and relatively maintenance-free mineral processing concentrator. Hundreds of units
operate for periods in excess 16,000 hours (24 months) with only routine maintenance
and very little need for replacement parts.
Mineral processing equipment is expected to provide high unit availability over an extended period of time (30,000 to 40,000 hours) in a mining environment. After this length of time, as with any industrial equipment, the Knelson will show signs of deterioration. Often the severity of this deterioration is far more cosmetic than structural or mechanical. However, when a unit has reached this level of service life, it is recommended the unit(s) undergo a detailed mechanical inspection and overhaul.
The mechanical inspection can often be carried-out in the customer's workshop under the supervision of a highly qualified and skilled Knelson technician. This process usually takes a few days to complete.
In cases where the condition of the Knelson concentrator necessitates a complete factory refurbishment, Knelson can supply a loaner concentrator to ensure the customer's gravity circuit continues to perform with no disruption to plant production.
The advantage of the concentrator re-furbishment program is to provide Knelson customers with a next-to-new quality concentrator at a reduced cost.
- Extend the availability that is expected of a Knelson Concentrator
- Guaranteed Knelson quality standards on all concentrator re-furbishment
- Total rebuild costs are far less expensive than replacing the entire concentrator
- Engineering improvements and upgrades can be incorporated in the re-furbishment
- All work performed by Knelson is guaranteed by Knelson Concentrators
Cone exchange program
The concentrate cone exchange program is a simple, cost effective and timely method of concentrate cone replacement that upgrades the customer's old existing used cone with Knelsons advanced concentrate cone technology.
The concentrate cone is a key component in every Knelson Concentrator. It consists of a highly durable polyurethane inner shell, stainless outer shell and separate wear parts consisting of a discharge wear cone and deflector pad.
Under typical conditions, a properly maintained Knelson concentrate cone should provide years of operational performance. In situations of poor maintenance, over-feeding and coarse feed, over time the concentrate cone will be subject to wear.
In the case where the concentrate cone requires repair or replacement, an alternative is available; the
Knelson concentrate cone exchange program.
The advantage of this program is to provide Knelson customers with a next-to-new quality concentrate cone at a reduced cost and upgrade the customer to the latest in concentrate cone technology - G5 (Generation 5) concentrate cone.
- Offers an upgrade to Knelson's latest in advanced concentrate cone technology
- Cost to repair the concentrate cone is less than purchasing a new cone
- Guaranteed Knelson quality standards on all concentrate cone re-manufacturing replacements
- Thorough inspection of concentrate cone
- Up to 60% reduced water consumption by upgrading to a G5 cone
- Up to 50% increased throughput
- Increased concentrate grades
- Improved maintenance features
- Improved wear resistance
- 1-year warranty on all re-furbished concentrate cone exchanges
How The Program Works
- Place an order (or quote) for an "exchange" concentrate cone through the online form.
- The parts and service department will contact you with additional details as required
- Knelson will ship a fully refurbished concentrate cone from their inventory
- Upon receipt of the refurbished concentrate cone, simple "exchange" the re-furbished concentrate cone with your existing concentrate cone.
- Send the old concentrate cone back to Knelson to credit the core value to your account