Preventative maintenance for Knelson concentrators
Knelson's offers maintenance and contract training services for every model of Knelson Concentrator.
The concentrator is designed and manufactured to provide reliable long-term service and trouble-free operation. It is critical to implement a pro-active preventative maintenance program to ensure high unit availability and the lowest possible operating costs for any mineral processing equipment.
- Maintenance Training Outline
- Contract Maintenance
While the on-site 2-3 day maintenance seminar is tailored to small groups of maintenance personnel, the factory training is a 3-5 day, hands-on, one-on-one training. Both on-site and factory maintenance training services will cover the following topics.
- Knelson brand history
- Concentrator overview
- How does it work
- Process mechanical operation relationships
- Mine site lock-out procedure
- Specific concentrator cautions
Rotor Assembly Removal
- Assembly removal
- Bearing removal
- Shaft inspection
- Do's & don'ts of bearing installation
Rotor Assembly Installation
- Installation and settings
- Procedure and precautions
- Deflector pad & wear cone
- Pulley installation
- Belt alignment
- Water filter operation and assembly
- Rotary union operation and assembly
- Causes of cone scaling
- Cone cleaning, mechanical and chemical
- Water treatment, how it works
- Grease types, amounts and components
- Automated lubrication systems
Preventative Maintenance (PM)
- Daily inspections
- Weekly inspections
- Monthly inspections
- Quarterly inspections
- Critical wear zones
- Mine site PM procedure
- Hours in service
- Parts life expectancy
- Typical maintenance
- Unit availability
- Cone cleaning
Linatex Lining Repairs
- Tips and procedures
- Premature lining wear
- Premature bearing failure
- Causes of excessive vibration
- Causes of excessive water pressure
- Benefits of using automation
- Cautions when working on or around automation
- Control screens and alarms
- Maintenance checkpoints
- Critical spares
- A reminder/checklist
- Exam review
- What's new from Knelsons' engineering dept.
- Knelson Accessories
- Products that make your job easier
FLSmidth's contract maintenance service on Knelson equipment is an integrated service that includes a technical evaluation of preventative maintenance requirements that can be supported by routine maintenance through to complete maintenance shutdowns.
FLSmidth's qualified technicians, engineers and analysts support a predictive maintenance schedule that provides your maintenance personnel with a checklist of maintenance necessities that will reduce rebuild and repair services.
The contract maintenance service also supports a 48-hour turn around time of genuine Knelson spare parts and other related Knelson equipment.
The contract maintenance service is for those who...
- Are planning a shutdown and need expertise to inspect or service the Knelson Concentrator(s)
- Need guaranteed repairs or servicing
- Are unfamiliar with major overhaul procedures
- Require up-to-date training
|Eliminate costly repairs
With proper preventative maintenance at scheduled servicing intervals, major repairs will be reduced to a planned event putting you in control.
|60 point inspection
Ask Knelson about their 60-point unit inspection service. This report will provide a detailed condition analysis of your Knelson Concentrator(s) which can be used to establish a preventative maintenance
program tailored to your specific needs
|Minimize on-site parts inventory
Stock only the critical common spares that you need and reduce costly on shelf inventory. Knelsons program will show you which spares are critical and which spares are not. Think of it as "just in time" inventory.
|Preferential Parts Pricing
With Knelson Concentrators contract maintenance service, you receive preferential spare parts pricing.
|Correct maintenance procedures
Fully qualified Knelson technicians will educate you and your personnel on the procedures that will keep your Knelson Concentrator operating at peak efficiency.
|Exchange major components
Knelsons exchange programs offers high quality refurbished components at significant savings.
Through proper preventative maintenance, Knelson can show you what can be done to increase unit availability and minimize production downtown.
All service records are tracked including average throughput versus wear indicators from last inspection, repairs and other identifiers to track odd anomalies.
Knelson stands behind their products and services with a complete 60-day warranty