Regulate Feed of Large, Heavy, Sharp, Hot or High Impact Bulk Materials
- Design and Features
- Drive Systems
- Experience and Photos
FLSmidth offers horizontal and inclined Apron Feeders for extracting bulk materials from under a dump hopper or regulated feed to a crusher. Apron Feeders can provide volumetric feed and even metering to prevent flooding.
An Apron Feeder consists of the following parts:
- A series of overlapping Heavy Duty Pans (or Flights) that carry the material.
- The pans are connected on each side to Roller Chains and Traveling Wheels.
- The roller chains are propelled by a Drive Pulley and Shaft and Chain Sprockets
- The drive shaft and sprockets are rotated by a Drive Mechanism.
- A Tail Shaft and chain sprockets and a Screw or Hydraulic Tensioning Mechanism
- A High Pressure Lubrication System
- All these parts are mounted to a robust Steel Main frame.
- Auxiliary equipment may include a feed chute, a discharge chute and a clean up or Dribble Conveyor underneath.
FLSmidth AFD series Apron Feeders use sealed-for-life- maintenance free tractor components and are available from 900 mm to 4000 mm widths and capacities in excess of 12,000 tons per hour
The Carrying Pans are typically constructed of welded steel plates or Cast Manganese. Their design and manufacture is critical since they are subject to high impact and severe wear that can result in cracking, premature wear and early replacement.
Several types of drive systems are available depending on the application, preference and cost.
All include an electric motor, a reduction mechanism and often a speed adjusting device.
provides a Low Speed High Torque hydraulic drive that is very common for apron feeder applications. Their robust design, variable speed and ability to provide full starting torque for an unlimited time provide advantages in this high-load application. Above all, Hägglunds drives have a unique capacity to handle the starts, stops and heavy shockloads common to feeder operation.
An alternate type of hydraulic drive is based on a conventional electric motor and gear reducer. A separate hydraulic motor (driven by the reducer) is required to control the speed.
Copper Mine Peru
Gold Mine Australia